[email protected] has just published a new report into how business-to-business (B2B) brands can leverage “smart mobility” to gain significant competitive advantage. Entitled “Hidden in plain sight: How mobile is quietly revolutionizing the B2B world,” the report outlines key mobile opportunities for B2B marketers and describes how to develop mobile strategies for B2B brands.
Jeff Stokvis, Director, Digital Strategy, Ogilvy & Mather, and author of the report said: “B2B marketers face ever more complex business and marketing challenges. These challenges frequently include long sales cycles with many touch points, multiple decision-makers and influencers, and complex products requiring significant investment.
At [email protected], working with some of the world’s largest B2B brands, we have observed that smart mobility has amazing potential to help address these challenges and is unlocking incredible value across the entire customer lifecycle for B2B brands.”
In developing the report, [email protected] researchers spoke to key stakeholders at several large B2B brands representing over half a trillion dollars ($555B+) in market capitalization to understand where they are focusing their efforts and seeing potential for their businesses. There are three key areas where mobile is having the greatest impact for B2B brands: mobilizing marketing, mobilizing the enterprise and mobilizing products and services.
Martin Lange, Global Head of [email protected], commented: “Despite so much industry buzz about smart mobility and B2C applications, we see smart mobility revolutionizing broad aspects of B2B businesses across a diverse set of applications. Value is being driven through everything from improved brand awareness and positioning, to increased sales efficiency and effectiveness, to greater product innovation, to stronger customer loyalty, to greater operational efficiency. The results? More qualified leads, increased conversion rates, incremental revenue opportunities, new products and services, reduced costs, and improved customer loyalty.”
Every B2B brand faces its own unique challenges. To deliver value for brands, marketers need to develop a mobile strategy that identifies the areas where the greatest value can be unlocked. Here are five key steps to begin getting into a mobile mindset:
- Act now — The pace of change is rapid, and some B2B brands are moving decidedly faster than others towards using smart mobility. These brands are realizing considerable value in many ways. Those B2B brands that fall behind will begin finding themselves at a competitive disadvantage compared to those quicker to implement. Don’t let your brand fall into this position.
- Invest with insight — Some brands seem to fall into the trap of going after the “shiny” new trend in mobile and just following the herd. Don’t make this mistake. Investing haphazardly will not get you the results you seek for your business and could just distract from the real prize.
- Remember the “I” in ROI — Be cognizant that executing effectively in mobile may require significant investment. But the cost savings, incremental revenue, customer loyalty and other value opportunities are substantial and should be appropriately considered in budget decisions.
- Build B2B Experiences for People – Do not lose sight of the fact that the same characteristics that drive engagement and adoption in B2C experiences also apply to the B2B space. Create playful, fun, intuitive experiences, and you will see better results, both internally and externally.
- Think Outside the Box – Smart mobility is not just another channel to deliver content. It’s a new service infrastructure that opens up entirely new possibilities. With onboard cameras, GPS capabilities, motion sensors, multi-touch screens and other unique capabilities, you have the potential to create completely new applications. Get creative.
Click here for the full report.