Data. The word may not sound sexy, but here’s a thought that is: What would it mean for your business if you could turn your data—those sexy little numbers—into actionable strategies that drive real growth and revenues? Well, now you can.
And the best part is that you can do it using the data you already have. Today, everything we do creates data, and the volume is enormous. Virtually every time someone views something online, searches on Google, or surfs the web on a smartphone, another chunk gets added—in real time—to the multibillion gigabyte (and growing) trove of data that can help us better understand and predict consumer behavior.
We no longer need expertise in math or statistics or even expensive modeling software to get the most out of all these revealing consumer insights. A revolution in data analysis is under way, and the methods and tools for making sense of this “data deluge” are suddenly far simpler, less expensive, and more precise than they were even twelve months ago.
In this book—the first of its kind-Dimitri Maex, Managing Director of OgilvyOne New York and the engine behind the agency’s global analytics practice, reveals how to use your data to identify your most profitable customers, reach them most effectively, and get them to buy more. In his clear, easy-to-understand style, he explains how to:
- Predict what your customers and potential customers will be worth to you in the future.
- Find where your customers are, both geographically and online: what sites or social networks they spend their time on, what apps they use, and what they are searching for.
- Determine which customers buy your product because it is perfect for their needs, which make purchases because they liked your ad, which chose you because of an appealing price, and which came to you through word-of-mouth.
- Allocate your marketing assets in ways that will generate the highest possible returns.
- Optimize your sales and marketing efforts using the latest technology.
A must-read for marketers striving to get the biggest ROI on their advertising dollars, small-business owners eager to grow faster, researchers and product developers needing an end consumer in mind, those in finance responsible for growing the bottom line, and even creatives looking for feedback to help them improve their output. Sexy Little Numbers is not just for math nerds and number crunchers. It is the essential tool for anyone wishing to use the data at their fingertips to grow their businesses and increase their profits dramatically.
Available in all good bookstores and Amazon.co.uk from 4th September, 2012.